luni, 15 iulie 2013

Author Interview "Coming From Nowhere" by Pembroke Sinclair

Hello! Welcome to my blog interview with Pembroke Sinclair, author of Coming From Nowhere.


Coming From Nowhere
Pembroke Sinclair 

Genre: Sci Fi
Publisher:  eTreasures Publishing
Date of Publication: November 5, 2009
Number of pages: 226
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/lc0vLd1CQ7o
Virtual book tour organized by: Bewitching Book Tours



Book Description: 



JD does not have a past--at least not one that she can remember--and that makes living life on Mars challenging.

With nowhere to go, she is sent to the local military academy where she is trained to become a member of the elite secret police. While there, she becomes a pawn in Roger’s struggle for military dominance and Chris’s rebellion to overthrow the military regime.

She supposedly holds a secret that will change the face of the soldier, but, unfortunately, she doesn’t know what that secret is. Her only desire is to find the truth of her existence, and finds herself thrust into a realm where the truth of her past and present is more horrific than she ever imagined.


~ Interview ~


1. Hello, Pembroke! I am very happy to have you here. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 

In high school.  My English teacher was really encouraging and pushed me along the path.  However, that dream was put on hold for years while I went to college.
2. Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?

I was a huge fan of Christopher Pike growing up, and Piers Anthony has written some books I've really liked.  And I really enjoyed the Star Wars novels.

3. What inspired you to write Coming From Nowhere?

I was having a contest with my fellow swimmers on who could write the best story.  At the time, none of us finished.  I think I was the only one to come back to the story.

4. How did you come up with the title of your book?

Titles for me are always an agony.  I want something that is going to encompass the essence of the story but be catchy and concise.  Coming from Nowhere pretty much summarized JD's life.  Plus, at the time, I really liked how "nowhere" looked, so I wanted to incorporate it into the title. :)

5. Are any of the characters in your book based on actual people?

Some of their personality traits might be, but none of them are based completely on an actual person.

6. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Finding someone who wanted to publish it.

7. What did you enjoy most about writing this book?

Finally getting it done.  The writing process had spanned out over 10 years and went through numerous versions before someone was willing to take a chance on it.  It was nice to have closure and be able to move on to other projects.

8. What do you think most characterizes your writing?

My strong female characters.

9. Where do you get your ideas?

It depends. Some of my ideas have come from dreams, some from shows I watch or books I read.  I've had some stories influenced by conversations I've overheard. They can come from anywhere, the trick is recognizing them as a good story idea.

10. Do you have any rituals or writing quirks?

I don't believe so. I have such a limited time to write, I squeeze it in whenever I can.

11. What hobbies do you enjoy when you are not writing?


I like to read, watch TV, hang out with my family, and go snowmobiling or rafting (depending on the season, of course).


12. What is your favorite book?


I don't have just one. I have many. It's hard to pick just one. They include: Alice in Wonderland, Paradise Lost, Beowulf, The Sirens of Titan, pretty much anything by Piers Anthony and Christopher Pike.  There are so many more, too, but we'll stick with these for now.


13. Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?


Don't give up.  The road is long, it's full of rejection and heartache, but that one yes will make all the difference in the world.


14. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?


Thank you so much for being there for me!  You're the reason I write.


Thank you so much for having me on your blog and for the interview!

It was my pleasure! Thank you for being so kind and for doing this interview! ^^



 About the author ~



In 2009, eTreasures Publishing published my first novel, a sci fi adventure story.  Since then, they have published my two YA zombie novels, my religious zombie novella, two children’s picture books, and two novellas with romantic elements.  I have an urban fantasy novel about dragons and a vampire novelette that was published by MuseItUp Publishing. 

Musa Publishing has published my novelette with romantic elements and a collection of short stories.  I have a middle grade urban fantasy novel that was published by Little Devil Books. 

My nonfiction book about slasher films was published by Scarecrow Press.

I write under several different pen names.  For my children’s titles, I write under J.D. Pooker, and for my YA and adult novels, I write under Pembroke Sinclair.  My nonfiction work is done under my real name.



Have a great day everyone! ^^

5 comentarii:

  1. Thank you so much for having me on your blog!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Congratulations on the lovely interview! I always enjoy finding new things about authors. ^_^

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. Awesome interview ! I am trying to write my own book and I kind of needed your advice. Thank you both, Bia for posting the interview and the author for her answers !

    RăspundețiȘtergere

Thankies for reading my post and for leaving me your thoughts. Warm hugs from B!